Thursday, March 23, 2006

I haven't give up on it yet

I watched two episodes of "Lost" last night. It's been a while since I've seen a new episode, what with repeats and other things going on. The two I watched were "Maternity Leave" and "The Whole Truth." A few times this season I was admittedly disappointed by the show, a feeling which seems to be common among those who watch it, but these two episodes (especially last night's new one) restored my faith in the show. There is a lot still unexplained, but some things are becoming clearer, or at least making more sense. Though Claire is not one of my favorite characters (and babies are annoying) her episode was very well done. The flashbacks to her disappearance were a long time coming, but they were not at all what I expected. Plus we were given the return of Ethan in another creepy scene or two. We also found out that Alex is (possibly) still alive and that Rousseau is just a big softee.
Last night's episode didn't offer too much information about the past, but surely set up some exciting things for the future. Weird captive guy Henry is beginning to manipulate the Losties and is trying to pit Locke against Jack. I can't really predict what is going on with his character (or what will happen next) but I do know that I am intrigued and will look forward to the next episode.
Don't give up on the show yet. I know Burb hasn't and I hope the rest of you won't either.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Absolutely!

Even I have wavered a bit this season as it creaked off to a very slow and very repetative start. But I am still a fan and I still hold out hope that good, exciting things can happen.

I liked "Maternity Leave" and REALLY enjoyed "The Whole Truth" last night--especially Henry's last minute twisting-of-the-knife taunt while eating Dharma flakes with Jack and Locke. (He ABSOLUTELY is an Other.)

I am also an increasing fan of Bitter, Angry Charlie. He is more interesting that the old, goofy Charlie. Just goes to show that anger beats happiness anytime.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home