Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Do you ever feel like you're in a movie?

Both last night and this morning, as I was walking to and from the train station and my house, I had that familiar feeling of being in a movie. This was mostly due to the fact that I had my iPod on and was listening to some appropriately night/morning music. I felt like somewhere out there there was a camera filming me and that the music wasn't just in my ears and in my head, but surrounding me entirely.
I find that this sort of thing usually happens when I am walking. My mind seems to float away for a little bit and it imagines that I am in the middle of some pre-constructed reality. Maybe it's just me, but I bet not.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Frankly I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen to you more.

What scene does the media condition us to imagine more often than a male walking down the streets of New York listening to an iPod?

It's Madison Avenue's wet dream!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sven Golly said...

It also helps to be "under the influence". So I'm told.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About half the time. The other half, I feel like I'm either writing, directing, or reviewing the damn thing.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home