Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow, snow, and more snow...thank God for Netflix

Like most everywhere else across the northeast, midwest, and central parts of the country, it is snowing here in NYC. We haven't been hit as bad as my Ohio friends and family, but it's pretty nasty. While the total accumulation is fairly low, it has been a terrible combination of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. And the freezing rain is the worst. It's small, hard little balls of cold pain. Stinging your face, hands, genitals, whatever's exposed. I walked to the subway this morning and couldn't look up from my feet because the little frozen pellets of evil kept hitting me in the face and landing in my eyes. Apparently, much of New York approached the day in the same way (except for tough, manly, bald, mustachioed men):



I am happy that I don't have to worry about driving home, however. I also don't have to worry about shoveling my driveway or keeping the walkway to my front door clear. I feel bad for those, such as Burb, who had to struggle with their own driveways. Read his tale of woe and (eventual) triumph here. Of course, had I been him, I would have chosen a more unconventional way to clear off my driveway. It probably would have looked something like this...



Kids are cheap. You can pay off a two-year-old like this with animal crackers and juice. Plus it's just adorable to see thier little fingers try to grip the shovel. Awwww....

Perhaps the best thing about today is that there are three brand new Netflix selections for me and my honey to choose from tonight (not to mention a new episode of "Lost"). On days like this I am very happy that Netflix exists. How else could I get Queer as Folk, The Pianist, and Chef! (a BBC comedy) delivered to my door at once?

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout!

But, seriously, what's with the pimping of the little children? Both you and Jack have (independently) suggested that I hook my kids up to the chain gang.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home