Monday, May 01, 2006

Outside

For the first time in a while, I was able to get out of the house this weekend and do something outside. The weather has been on and off in New York over the past few months, so opportunities for spending an afternoon walking around the city were few and far between. Mostly what seems to happen is the nicest day of the week is a Tuesday, when I cannot take advantage of the beautiful weather. Those days are wasted on me. This weekend, however, the nice weather and a day off coincided nicely.
LG and I met up with a couple of friends from work on Saturday afternoon (after I spent a few hours following the NFL Draft on my computer). We ventured over to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, which was celebrating its cherry blossom festival. The garden was crowded with people, but it was a fun day. The garden, which I had not been to before, was beautiful. I was one of probably 8 people who went to the BBG without a camera, but I did manage to snag these pictures off of the internet.






We stayed at the gardens for about 4 or 5 hours before walking home through a farmer's market that was set up nearby. On the whole it was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. With the craziness of wedding and work that have been going on, it was a nice break. It also reinforces my love for living in Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home