Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home sweet home

I am home sick today. I've had a cold/nagging cough since last week and it finally seems to have caught up to me. LG is home as well since she doesn't have work or class on Tuesdays, so we are just lazing around watching TV. I finally got around to finishing some of the movies and books that have been piling up recently and (if you look at the sidebar) I am on to new things to read and watch. I also (just today) recieved a shipment from Amazon with four new CDs in it. Very exciting stuff. Right now I am listening to Duncan Sheik's "White Limousine". It is the slow and dreary kinda music that fits my mood today. It is overcast and rainy here and DS works well with such an atmosphere. I also recieved the new Jenny Lewis (lead singer of Rilo Kiley) solo album, the second offering from The Elected (also Rilo Kiley related), and "29" by Ryan Adams. This album marks his third (third!) CD of 2005. All told, he's released 40 songs in a single calender year. That is very impressive. So far the first album (a double-album no less) has been good, the second great, and the third... we'll see. I think that CD is next on the rotation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! SOME of us are doing laundry and dishes and schoolwork. Or, er, well, as soon as I'm done reading blogs I'll do schoolwork...I promise!!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home