Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The most depressing day of the year...

At least according to the British. A scientist in the U.K. has determined that the 24th of January is, statistically, the most depressing day of the year. He figured this out by "using an elaborate formula expressing the delicate interplay of lousy weather, post-Christmas debt, time elapsed since yuletide indulgence, failed new year resolutions, motivation levels, and the desperate need to have something to look forward to."
Well, that seems about right. I woke up this morning in a crappy mood and didn't know until I turned on the television that there was a reason for it. It's not my own sour disposition, but statistics and a calendar that make me cranky today. Or at least that's what I'll tell myself. Also, I'm getting sick. But that's the virus' fault.
But fear not, my funky readers. If this day finds you down in the dumps or singing the blues, here is something that is bound to cheer you up:



And if that doesn't cheer you up, well then you're probably a heartless bastard who deserves to be depressed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

kitty! puppy!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think they'd take suicide rate into account when coming up with that stat.

-Hol-Man

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home