Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sing, David Hyde Pierce, Sing!

Tonight LG and I are off to see DHP and crew in the wonderfully funny (I've been told) "Spamalot" on Broadway. We purchased these tickets about four months ago and, at the time, January 18th seemed so far away. But it came fast, faster than I thought, with a birth and a death and a thousand other things in between that affected our lives one way or another. So here it is, mid-January, and our Christmas decorations are still up and a pile of bills is still unpaid and the weather is nasty, but we head out anyway and look forward to a few hours of laughter and forgetting. It has been a slightly hectic few months. The holidays were, of course, busy, but so have been the days following them. For each of the last three weekends we have had a guest or two for the weekend, which explains why we haven't gotten around to taking down the decorations. This is not to say that I don't appreciate the company, I certainly do. In fact, I encourage you all to come and visit. Just try to space it out a little. Originally it was supposed to be one weekend of visitors, one weekend off, and another visitor. This would have suited me just fine. But then the Giants made the playoffs and the prospect of going to a game was too much to turn down. And, although the result was terrible, the weekend with my mother was fun.
Then, last weekend, JL came to visit. He is my favorite guest of all time, for numerous reasons, and it was a wonderful visit. I hadn't seen him in over a year so we had a lot to catch up on. He left on Monday evening and Tuesday was spent in Headacheland and tonight is the show. It keeps me busy. But I don't want to be this busy all the time. I would like to sit at home this weekend and read a book, something I haven't done enough of lately.
Don't get me wrong. The above is pretty complain-y, but I do like the fact that I have things to do and places to go. Just sometimes the quiet solitude of a Saturday at home is what's needed most.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well? Did you like the play or not?

-Hol-Man

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home