Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Holiday season

I've been trying to think of something to write concerning the upcoming holiday season. There was, of course, the terrible Thanksgiving-related sexual jokes that immediately popped into my head ("Can I stuff your turkey" "What's this white, sticky stuff on my sweet potatoes" etc.) but I thought that I would steer clear of all that. Instead, partially inspired by Shirtless and his blog entry, I've decided to make a short list of things that I am thankful for. The list is not too long, and certainly not complete, but it is what I am thinking about right now.

*I am thankful for my friends and family, who always seem to be there even when I'm not
*I am thankful for my wonderful wife-to-be who has every right and reason to leave me but doesn't
*I am thankful for my cat who, hopefully, will be the only living creature I am responsible for
*I am thankful for sugar and saturated fats for making me happy when I'm sad
*I am thankful for the ability to pick up my life in Ohio and move to NYC without any real difficulty
*I am thankful that I can watch every Giants game without having to pay for cable
*I am thankful for the internet, without which I would most definitely lose touch with half the people in my life and I wouldn't be able to vent publicly
*On a related note, I am thankful to Burb for getting me started on this whole blogging thing to begin with
*I am thankful for all of the musical artists and Apple for helping me make it through my workday when I need a boost
*I am thankful for President Bush, who is teaching America to think more clearly before you pull that lever in the voting booth
*I am thankful for the chance to write something that someone might actually want to read
*And I am thankful to you, dear reader, who check my blog with any regularity and have some interest in what I have to say

*Right now I really have to pee, so I am also thankful that we live in a country with running water and flushing toilets instead of dark holes in the ground with roaches crawling in and out of them.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!







2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wonderful!

We don't use the rebus form nearly enough in the world today.

Have a great holiday!

1:49 PM  
Blogger A P said...

And I am thankful for my "in" residing in NYC. Hopefully next year, I will make my first journey there.

I too, must now pee.

God Bless America.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home