Friday, May 05, 2006

Poem



A Long Farewell

I watch you nearly ev'ry day
Spouting on about news and such
It has been years of mornings on Today
Giggling and acting like you don't know that much

But now that you're the new number one gal,
It's the end of rehearsed interviews with crappy bands
And long, awkward moments with Matt and Al
As you read from the folded paper in your hands

No more doctors spouting a new fad diet
No more elaborate cooking shows
No more pretending you like food when you try it
Or smiling fakely when it blows

These are your last few months on air
Your final moments to have some fun
'Cuz now you're going to have to care
About what the real world's done

So good luck, Katie, on your new job
Let's hope that CBS News is good for you
I know I'll be glad, not to be a snob,
To see Meredith Viera from The View

'Cuz when it comes to being a TV host
(And I'm sorry if this sounds mean)
You are one of the most
Annoying that I have ever seen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

-Hol-Man

1:22 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

Agreed. I've always hated Katie. I don't tend to like women who come off as "cute". "Cute" women named "Katie". "Cute Katie!" Obnoxious.

And I just have to say that I love the picture of "you" on this sight. I laugh pretty much every time I see it. It is not cute. And that's a good reason to like it.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home