Friday, July 25, 2008

A short one

Ahh, New York. Here I am on the subway again, returning home from an evening of dinner and drinks with my volleyball teamates. (That's right I joined a volleyball league. I've been playing with this team since February and it is a very fun, though not too athletically-gifted group of people. We are currently on hiatus during the summer months, waiting for the fall season to begin.) I ventured out from my job in Soho and headed north to a restaurant on 54th and Lex. It was a very cool place, the site of a former speakeasy so the entire bar and restaurant was below ground where the "coppers" couldn't get ya. We had a very fun time, eating and drinking enough to reach the point of almost full and almost drunk. This random assortment of people, a few of whom I have come to really really like, is a wonderful collaboration of souls. I am sure that such a mix of random strangers-turned-friends could happen almost anywhere, but I think that finding this diverse group of people is not a usual thing. It's nice to know that there are plenty of people out there that you could accidentally come upon and find absolutely fascinating. I hope that this kind of thing happens more often. I have sort of (though not officially) joined a kickball league and will be playing Sunday afternoon with a bunch of strangers (and my friend who invited me to join). Hopefully this random collection of people will be just as interesting and fun to hang out with. In this city the possibilities seem to be endless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, three posts in three days! I'm buying stock in Blackberry!!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home