Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Again

Subway blogging, day 2.
Lessons learned from yesterday's experiment: typing on this tiny keyboard leads to a bunch of spelling errors, missing/extra letters, and scattered thoughts.
Not sure if anyone actually read my last post. No comments were added (not that I deserve them) and I've completely lost track of my counter. Let's assume that at least one person (Burb) actually read it. That makes me feel good. I hope you enjoyed it Burb. You've entertained me plenty over the years with your blog so I'm hopeful that I can reciprocate.
For today's installment, I can report that I was a cranky bitch at work today. At one point I uttered the phrase "I'm sick of this bullshit!" and walked out of the building and didn't return for half an hour. "What," you might ask "caused such an outburst?" Well, I'll tell ya: stupid nothingness. My department has been mired by red tape policies for a while and they are completely useless. My frustration with these policies was brought to a head today when I was stopped from taking a set of layouts for one of my programs because it didn't have a folder to route in. When I offered to get a folder for the layout I was told that it had to be done by someone else. That made absolutley no sense to me, so I expressed my frustration, grabbed the layouts and a folder and walked off. There is no reason to deal with that shit. It slows things down and boggles the mind. And, not to be too high and mighty, but I have seniority over some of the people I was arguing with and they should let me do whatever I want!!! Okay, that definitely sounded high and mighty...and elitist...and arrogant. Whatever; screw 'em.
After my walk out, I calmed down a bit and was able to get through the day without assaulting anyone.
And now I'm going home, about 4 hours earlier than last night, with only one more work-related thing to do tonight. It should only take me about 15 minutes, so I should be able to enjoy the evening.
Speaking of enjoying evenings, lately I've been watching a lot of TV online via the wonderful site www.surfthechannel.com (warning: this is not at all legal--in case you care). This site has got everything on it, from crappy 80s tv shows to a bootleg version of Dark Knight. Another warning: recent movies are recorded by a dude with a crappy video camera, so it's often out of focus and has people walking in front of the screen. But for things that have been released on DVD, the quality is great and, best of all, FREE!! I recommend it highly. Oh, here's my stop. Until next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Be still my heart!

Two posts!

And you know I read them both. Thanks to my Google Reader, I know very quickly when all of you guys post. It's just my own electronic stalking technique.

I'm sorry your work is frustrating. It IS work, after all, which is always frustrating. But you do get to blow off steam in "The Greatest City in the World" (so others tell me).

Feel free to type further complaints on the subway any time. I'll be glad to keep reading!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home